Hear from two chapter authors, Melanie Rainford, MSN, RN, NPD-BC, and Nicole Gooding, MSHS, BN, RN, NPD-BC, and editor Mary Harper, PhD, RN, NPDA-BC, FAAN, about the significance of the Core Curriculum for Nursing Professional Development, 6th Edition in this episode of the NPD Forecast podcast. This guide is an exhaustive resource and a knowledge base of the nursing professional development (NPD) specialty and provides valuable information for novice and experienced NPD professionals alike.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Melanie’s chapter, “The Change Agent Role in Nursing Professional Development,” and how she explores the current and future state of health care and the way this influences the NPD profession.
- Nicole’s chapter, “Gaps in Professional Practice: Learning Needs Assessment,” and how she explores the responsibility of NPD practitioners to effectively explore the root behind challenges prior to proposing and implementing solutions.
- How these chapters are interrelated—both outline the complexities of the profession and speak to the idea that the work must be grounded in evidence and patterns.
- Key takeaways from other select chapters and how they resonate with Dr. Harper.
- Why the Core Curriculum is a toolbox that will enhance your NPD superpowers.
Core Curriculum for Nursing Professional Development, 6th Edition is now available for purchase on the ANPD store.