The Association for Nursing Professional Development (ANPD) advances the specialty practice of nursing professional development for the enhancement of healthcare outcomes. Professional development as a specialty of nursing practice is defined by standards, based on research, and critical to quality patient and organizational outcomes. The goal of ANPD is to be acknowledged as the expert voice, advocate, and leading resource for nursing professional development practice.
We are inclusive of nursing professional development practitioners at every level, including nurses transitioning from clinical care to nursing professional development and those serving in that role who may not understand that they are a nursing professional development practitioner.
ANPD’s mission is to advance quality health care by defining and promoting nursing professional development practice.
- Visionary leadership of every NPD practitioner
- Inter/Intra professional collaboration
- Engagement of members, learners and stakeholders
- Commitment to excellence
- Commitment to diversity in leadership and membership
- Focusing on outcomes including NPD specialty, learner, patient, organization and stakeholder
- Advocacy for the learner (members and specialty), organization, practice settings and patient outcomes
- Life-long learning
- Transformation, changing practice and closing practice-gaps
- Innovation and risk-taking
- The spirit of inquiry
- Basing practice on evidence
- Advancing the specialty
With a history spanning 30 years and counting, ANPD provides access to education, experience, and resources targeting the various needs of nursing professional development team members.
Walk Through Our History