Welcome to the Association for Nursing Professional Development!
We want you to make the most of your Association for Nursing Professional Development (ANPD) membership and we want to help position you for success with our exclusive recourses. Through our community’s participation, ANPD is able to address your needs to grow as an NPD professional and support our industry’s commitment to excellence — all at a great value.
ANPD is built on the following foundation: evidence-based education, advocacy and networking.
Our goal is to foster the acquisition and application of data-driven practices for the betterment of the NPD specialty. We continue to focus on providing the education, tools and resources to advance the ongoing professional and career development of our members and community.
We are the only organization able to meet the specific learning and development needs of NPD specialists, regardless of clinical specialty area. ANPD member benefits include:
- A subscription to Journal for Nurses in Professional Development – To view, click here!
- Savings of up to $250 on Annual Convention registration
- Access to members only online Discussion Forums
- A variety of opportunities to earn CEs via CE Direct
- A subscription to TrendLines, which includes best practices, scholarship and grant information, event updates, messages from the JNPD editors just for ANPD members and much more!
- Member discounts on ANPD Web-based educational programming
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact our Headquarters staff by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (312)-321-5135. Someone will be more than happy to assist you!
Joan Warren, PhD, RN-BC, NEA-BC
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Why join ANPD?
· By becoming a member of ANPD, you will have access to new networking and educational activities that to enhance your career. You will gain access to the members-only sections of the ANPD website as well as member discounts on the Annual Convention, publications, and educational resources. For more information, visit the Membership Information page.
2. What benefits do I receive as a member?
· Electronic Subscription to ANPD's official journal, the Journal for Nurses in Professional Development
· Bimonthly electronic newsletter—TrendLines
· Annual Convention Registration savings ($250 value!)
· New for 2013! Registration discounts for the ANPD Webinar Series
· Discounts on certification and recertification fees in nursing professional development through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
· Networking Opportunities – online through the ANPD website "connections” and "messages” features, the online Discussion Forum, as well as in-person at Annual Convention
· Access to the Members Only resources
· Access to ANPD Members-Only Discussion Forum
· Subscription to CE Direct
· Discounts on tuition rates and scholarships for degree programs at partnering universities: Check out partners and discount details here!
3. Are there local affiliates I can join?
· YES – You may find your closest affiliate by clicking here!
4. What if I forget my username/password?
· Our automated system should be able to help you locate/reset your username/password. From the ANPD homepage, click the "Forgot Your Password?” link under the "Sign In” section on the right hand side of the screen. You will be prompted to enter your e-mail address and a digital code and a temporary password will be e-mailed to you. If you encounter any additional issues, please contact the national office at 312-321-5135.
5. How do I obtain CE’s?
· Continuing Education credit can be earned in a variety of ways:
o Attend sessions at our Annual Convention
o Attend one of our new webinars and complete the corresponding survey
o Attend a certification prep course, hosted at the ANPD Annual Convention, and around the country throughout the year.
6. How do I host a certification prep course?
· Simply send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com and the appropriate ANPD staff member will reply with application information.
7. How do I become certified?
· Certification is obtained through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). For more information, click here!
8. Are there advertising opportunities through ANPD?
· YES – From mailing list rentals to career center postings, ANPD will gladly cater to your organization’s marketing needs. For more information, click here!
9. How do I submit an article for the JNPD?
· For information on submitting an article to the Journal of Nurses in Professional Development, click here!
10. How do I reach out to other members?
· You can search for and contact other members using the "Messages” feature. You can also use the "Connections” feature to network with fellow members. You may discuss pertinent topics with your fellow ANPD colleagues via our brand new Discussion Forum. You can also reach out to various affiliate officers, as their contact information is located on each individual Affiliate’s page.
11. What are the necessary steps to form an affiliate?
· Download the MOU (it is a Microsoft
Update the (3) yellow highlighted areas to reflect the current
name of your organization and complete the "Affiliate Information” portion of
Print the completed MOU and sign it.
Scan and email the signed MOU to the ANPD
National Office to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax it
Email a current list of your affiliate
members (names and emails, preferably in an Excel format) to email@example.com.
ANPD will countersign the MOU, and send you a
signed copy for your records via email.
Any Questions? Please consult our FAQ Document.
12. How do I update my profile?
· Once you sign in, follow this path: From the ANPD home screen à "My Profile” tab on right hand side à "Manage Profile” à "Edit Bio”
Resources for Members:
· CE Direct
· TrendLines Archives
· Online access to the Journal of Nursing Professional Development
· Career Opportunities & Job Postings
· Annual Convention Information
· JNPD Article Submission
· My Membership Card
· Discussion Forum
· Coming Soon! Video Tutorial: Welcome to ANPD.org