The Nursing Professional Development Certification Preparation Course is a two-day course designed to prepare nurses for the nursing professional development specialty certification exam offered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The course offers 16 contact hours with a curriculum covering the major domains of practice found in the board certification exam: Educational Process Standards; Leadership; Ethical, Legal, and Regulatory Standards; Evidence-based Practice and Research; Technology; and Program/Project Management and Process Improvement. Participants also have the opportunity to take a practice exam provided before and after the course through ANPD's online Professional Development Center.
Special Offer! Book a course at your organization or affiliate by the end of 2023 and receive a $1,000 discount.
Joint Provider responsibilities
- Payment of joint provider fee of
$7,000* $6,000* if a non-affiliate, and $6,500* $5,500* if an affiliate
(*an additional charge of $1,000 will be applied if the joint provider makes a special request for a specific faculty member who is not the closest instructor geographically)
- Arrange for a facility in which to hold the consecutive two-day program, including any necessary audiovisual and/or computer equipment needed for the space (e.g., screen and projector, microphone, internet access)
- Determine participant registration fees
- Develop a promotion flyer and submit to ANPD for approval (template provided)
- Distribute promotional flyer after ANPD approval
- Arrange food and beverage (optional)
- Manage all aspects of attendee registration
- Collaborate with ANPD faculty to arrange lodging and local transportation
- Provide copies of the course materials to participants upon receipt of master files from the ANPD National Office
- On-site coordination for the course including daily sign-in
- Provide flip chart, markers, and index cards (at least five index cards per participant)
- Provide names and email addresses of participants to ANPD a week prior to the course
- Manage all communication with participants, including directing participants to ANPD's online Professional Development Center (access information provided by ANPD) for pretest, postest, course evaluation, and the NCPD contact hour certificate
- Determination of the educational content
- Selection of the content specialist planner and faculty unless joint provider makes a special request and pays an applicable fee.
- Selection and coordination of the faculty schedule and payment
- Ownership and provision of copyrighted master handout materials
- Adherence to ANCC accreditation criteria and awarding of contact hours
- Record keeping
- Evaluation of each course
- Management of commercial support, if applicable
- Posting the course dates on the ANPD calendar on the ANPD Website (ANPD.org)
- Promotion of the course in an email to ANPD members in the region and on ANPD social media channels
To schedule an ANPD Certification Preparation Review Course, complete the application below. After application approval, faculty selection, and the joint provider and ANPD have agreed upon dates, ANPD will send you a contract, joint provider agreement, and invoice.
Description: This program is intended to prepare participants for the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) specialty examination in nursing professional development by increasing the participant's foundational nursing professional development knowledge.
- Short term measurement: Upon course completion, 80% of participants will report an increase in their knowledge of the content needed to successfully complete the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) specialty examination in nursing professional development.
- Long term measurement: Completed long-term follow up survey results will indicate that 85% of participants who took the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) specialty examination in nursing professional development will report successful certification was achieved.
- Registered nurses preparing for the specialty certification exam in nursing professional development (NPD), offered by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- RNs desiring additional education in nursing professional development
- Attendance at entire course is required for obtaining full contact hours. Partial credit may be awarded for attendance of a single full day attended (8 hours).
- Completion of online course evaluation is required to obtain course completion certificate with contact hours.
Continuing Nursing Education:
Association for Nursing Professional Development is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours Awarded: 16
Disclosure: No relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies exist for anyone in a position to control content of this activity, including planners, planning committee members, presenters/instructors, authors, and content reviewers.
Disclaimer: Participation in this course does not guarantee successful performance on the ANCC NPD Board Certification Exam, nor is it intended to predict exam performance. It may, however, help identify areas of strength and opportunities as a part of a comprehensive exam preparation plan.