Why join ANPD?
How do I sign-up for membership?
How do I use this site?
Who do I contact with additional questions?
By becoming a member of ANPD, you will have access to new networking and educational activities that are sure to enhance your career. You will also gain access to the members-only sections of the ANPD website as well as member discounts on the Annual Convention, publications, and educational resources. For more information, view the membership brochure.
Signing up is easy. You can apply online to gain immediate access or submit a mail-in application.
Member profiles are the foundation of our networking and interaction capability. A well-crafted profile shows your peers your experience and your commitment to the profession through your involvement in ANPD. Only members and administrators of ANPD have profiles. Guests and lapsed members are not eligible to post member profiles.
Through your profile, you can:
- Maintain personal and professional information
- Provide extended biographical information
- Connect your external social/professional networks (LinkedIn, Facebook, and/or Twitter)
- Select what profile fields are visible to other members and the public
- Maintain categorized colleague connection lists
- Use name formats for "company name" or nick/screen name
- Manage your personal preferences and alerts
You have control over how much information to make available to others and how much you would like to be contacted. You can create greater professional and business development opportunities by participating in groups and discussion forums.
Manage your profile by using the following links/tools in the My Profile area:
- Profile Home: how your personal profile appears to registered site users.
- Manage Profile: Go to this page to manage Information & Settings; Information, Invoicing & Payments; Content & Features; and Community
- Information & Settings: Update your username, password, and contact information in the Edit Bio section. Manage contact preferences and notification settings in the Preferences section.
- Invoicing, Payments, & History: Access paid invoice receipts, submit payments for open invoices, and view your invoice history here.
- Content & Features: Manage your blogs, photos, and files here.
- Community: Access this area to participate in groups and forums, as well as send messages to other ANPD members.
- Groups: Access and manage the groups you belong to here.
- My Networks: Manage the links to your profiles on other social network sites (e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) , which extends your access to other professionals and lets others access yours (optional).
- Membership Info: indicates your membership type and status of membership. This is where you would renew your membership.
- Refer a Friend: share with colleagues the opportunity to participate in ANPD professional, network, and business development activities. When you use this function to refer a friend to ANPD and they register through the website as a guest or join ANPD, this is tracked, along with those they refer, to a third level.
Professional and Social Networking
ANPD is committed to supporting collaboration, communication and community among our members. The site provided a range of tools to help you know and be known to other members. Most of these capabilities are under your control, and you can turn off those you do not want to participate in. These items include:
- Ability to see which fellow members are "Online Now"
- Chat in real-time with other online members
- Share external social/professional networking profiles
- Manage your connections to other members
- Email members and connections from the site
- Create and manage message center folders
- Manage received messages and attachments
- Engage others via Tell-a-Friend system
- Control these features through the My Preferences link in the Manage my Membership menu.
The ANPD staff is always here to help! Please let us know if you have questions by emailing email@example.com or if you have a question that is specific to a certain area, visit the Contact Us page to contact a staff member directly.