Check Out the Upcoming Chicago Certification Preparation CourseDates: February 25 & 26, 2013
7:30 A.M: Registration
8:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M: Class (All times are Central Time)
12:00 P.M. - 1:00 P.M: Lunch on your own
1: 00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M: Class
Location: 330 N. Wabash Ave., Chicago, IL; 14th Floor Conference Room
Instructor: Mary Harper, PhD, RN-BC
Early Registration Fee: $300 - Member**
$430 - Non-Member**
Late Registration Fee: $400 - Member**Early Registration will end on February 18, 2013. Target Audience:
$530 - Non-Member
- Registered nurses preparing for certification in Nursing Professional Development
- RNs new to the NPD role
- RNs desiring additional education in NPD processes
The purpose of this activity is to prepare participants for the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) generalist examination in nursing professional development. This course also provides foundational knowledge for those new to nursing professional development and ongoing professional development for experienced nursing professional development specialists.
- Discuss the knowledge and strategies needed to successfully prepare for the certification exam for Nursing Professional Development (NPD).
- Describe the foundations for NPD practice.
- Identify the steps and key elements in the educational process.
- Compare and contrast the various roles and skills of the nursing professional development (NPD) specialist.
- Discuss critical elements for managing and implementing educational activities.
- Develop a personalized plan for continued preparation b completing and reviewing a practice test.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Arizona Nurses' Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation
16 Contact Hours
Activity ID # 74-13
Expiration Date: May 30, 2015
***Attendance for two entire days is required for contact hours - no partial credit.
1. Completion of on-line course evaluation is required. Conflict of Interest:
The planning committee and faculty have reported no conflict of interest with the development and presentation of this course.
For further information email email@example.com
or call 800-489-1995.
Co-providing an ANPD Certification Preparation Course
The Nursing Professional Development Certification Preparation Course is a two-day course designed to prepare nurses to take the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) generalist certification examination in nursing professional development. It includes an extensive review of foundations of practice, the educational process, managing educational activities, roles and skills of the NPD specialists and test taking skills, including a practice exam. The course is also a great introduction to the nursing professional development curriculum.
- Payment of co-provider fee
- Arrange for a facility in which to hold the 2-day course
- Determine registration fees
- Develop a promotion flyer and submit to ANPD for approval (template provided)
- Distribute promotional flyer after ANPD approval
- Arrange food and beverage (optional)
- Manage all aspects of attendee registration
- Collaborate with ANPD faculty to arrange lodging and local transportation
- Provide copies of the course materials to participants upon receipt of master files from the ANPD National Office
- On-site coordination for the course including daily sign-in
- Direct participants to evaluation survey link where they will obtain their CNE
- Provide to following within three days of the course: participants names, email address, mailing address
- Determination of the educational objectives and content
- Selection of the content specialist planner and faculty
- Selection and coordination of the faculty schedule and payment
- Provide master materials for duplication
- Awarding of contact hours
- Record keeping
- Evaluation of each course
- Management of sponsorship or commercial support
- Advertise the course in every available issue of TrendLines
- Post the course dates on the ANPD website within the ANPD Calendar
- Provide a mailing list for members in the sponsor's geographic area
ANPD selects faculty from a roster of available faculty and any host requests for specific faculty may not be honored to allow for all faculty to teach the course each year.
To schedule an ANPD Certification Review Course, complete the application form. Once the course has been approved, faculty selected, and the sponsors and ANPD have agreed upon dates, ANPD will send you a contract and co-provider agreement, and invoice.
If you have additional questions about hosting a Certification Preparation Course, please contact the ANPD National Office at 1.800.489.1995.