ANPD Networking Sessions
Nursing professional development (NPD) team members often lack the opportunity to network with fellow NPD professionals to identify the latest evidence and innovation in their specialty practice. Because opportunities for face-to-face interaction are limited, ANPD has created online networking sessions to narrow this gap. All NPD team members are encouraged to attend ANPD’s networking opportunities to share innovations, best practices, and engage with the NPD community. Each session will have an identified theme for dialogue. You will virtually meet with a group of NPD team members and be led by a facilitator to network and discuss the designated session topic.
ANPD Networking Session: Nursing Shortage—NPD Implications
Date: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
Time: 9am-10:00am PT/11am-12:00pm CT/12pm-1:00pm ET
Mandi Walker, DNP, RN, CCRN-K, NPD-BC, NEA-BC
ANPD Members: $10
No refunds will be given for cancellations received less than seven business days prior to the event. No refunds or credit will be given for no-shows.
ANPD is excited to virtual networking sessions, providing you with opportunities to connect with your NPD community. Prepare to explore how current issues are impacting your organization and practice. Each session focuses on specific topics and takes place on a robust, virtual networking platform—providing a meaningful experience.
Target Audience: All nursing professional development (NPD) team members
Description: This session explores the current nursing shortage crisis. Prepare to network with your NPD community to explore how health promotion, wellness, continuing education, succession planning, and other innovative strategies can be leveraged to increase retention.
Outcome: 100% of participants will be able to identify one strategy they can implement in their practice setting to promote nurse retention.
- Bodine, J. (2022). The nursing shortage: A healthcare crisis. TrendLines, 33(2). https://www.anpd.org/blog/the-nursing-shortage-a-healthcare-crisis---february-2022
- S. Department of Labor. (2021). The employment situation-December 2021. https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
- Yong, E. (2021 November 16). Why health-care workers are quitting in droves. https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/11/the-mass-exodus-of-americas-health-care-workers/620713/
Continuing Education: Association for Nursing Professional Development is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 1.0
- Attend networking session
- Complete on-line evaluation
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Date
August 15, 2022 at 11:00am - 12:00pm CT (12pm ET/ 9am PT)
November 16, 2022 at 11:00am - 12:00pm CT (12pm ET/ 9am PT)
ANPD Members: $10
Past Networking Session Topics
- Introduction to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Post-COVID Conversations: Where Do We Go From Here?
- The Future of Nursing—NPD Implications