ANPD Spirit of Inquiry Program
A spirit of inquiry (SOI) is a consistent, intentional, and applied professional curiosity and is a key element of modern NPD practice.
- Informs NPD practice
- Guides NPD practitioners to question the status quo
- Transforms the current state and inspires innovation
- Influences professional growth by seeking to develop new knowledge or refine current assumptions
- Ensures progression of the science of our specialty through a collective SOI
Call to Action
NPD practitioners must champion and sustain their own and others’ SOI.
NPD Focus Areas of Inquiry
- Determination of strategies that significantly increase engagement of learners.
- Types of technology that enhance learning
- Development of learning outcome metrics
- Strategies to sustain behavior change pursuant to NPD intervention
- Strategies that result in successful career and care continuum transitions
- NPD practices and/or programs that significantly impact outcomes (residencies, onboarding, competency management, life support etc.)
- Examine models (Lean, Six sigma, QI etc.) that create more efficient and effective NPD practices
a. Time studies
- Examine stakeholders views that impact the perceived value of NPD practice/role/influence
d. Academic educators
- Factors that increase “buy-in” of stakeholders & target audiences
- Strategies that influence adoption of interprofessional development
ANPD Supported National Inquiry Initiatives
ANPD's research studies are exclusively available for members. Become a member to access ANPD's recent studies.