Advanced Certification in Nursing Professional Development
Credential awarded: NPDA-BC®
Advanced certification in nursing professional development is a recognition program that acknowledges the professional achievement of a nursing professional development (NPD) specialist who fulfils all NPD roles and responsibilities while demonstrating adherence to standards of professional practice and performance for the NPD specialist as delineated in the current edition of Nursing Professional Development: Scope and Standards of Practice.
The NPDA-BC certification is a portfolio-based method of certification. The NPDA-BC professional portfolio demonstrates fulfilment of each NPD role and responsibility, and application of NPD specialist competencies as defined in the current edition of Nursing Professional Development: Scope and Standards of Practice. This credential requires recertification every 5 years.
How to Apply
- Confirm eligibility (listed below)
- Apply online through the Competency and Credentialing Institute
- Submit portfolio
- RN license
- Graduate degree
- NPD-BC certification
- 4,000 practice hours at the NPD specialist level in past 5 years
- Professional CV/resume that supports the portfolio contents
- Evidence of addressing all NPD roles, responsibilities and standards at the NPD specialist level
- Three exemplars, each demonstrating advanced NPD practice within the past 5 years in one NPD responsibility (template provided)
- Responsibility table providing evidence of demonstrating advanced NPD practice in the responsibilities not covered in the three exemplars (template provided)
The online portfolio application process, which is managed by the Competency and Credentialing Institute (CCI), is now open.