The purpose of the Nursing Professional Development (NPD) Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Academy is to enhance the EBP competencies of NPD practitioners to help them better fulfill their role as champions of scientific inquiry.
The EBP Academy is a 12-month mentored program designed to guide the NPD practitioner through creating PICOT questions, gathering and critically appraising literature, and EBP implementation, evaluation, dissemination, and sustainment. The Academy consists of a live kick-off webinar, 2 pulse checks, and 26 asynchronous modules for participants. In addition, participants complete an evidence-based initiative at their organization over the course of the year. Participants are required to submit abstracts to share their project outcomes at the ANPD annual convention.
The NPD EBP Academy launches in October 2021. Experienced NPD practitioners are needed to serve as mentors for this cohort. Mentors will have the opportunity to attend the live EBP Academy kickoff and complete the online learning modules for free contact hours.
- Certified in NPD
- Master's prepared
- Current ANPD member
- 3-5 years experience in EBP
- Submit a personal letter of interest including, but not limited to, the following points:
- Attributes the mentor brings to the mentoring relationship
- Previous mentoring experience
- Attend introductory orientation (virtual) on October 5, 2021 from 1 pm – 3 pm Eastern
- Attend Academy launch webinar on October 26, 2021 from 1 pm – 3pm Eastern to virtually meet protégé
- Meet monthly throughout EBP Academy with protégé by phone or video conference
- Advise as needed
- Ensure measurable outcomes are identified
- Assist with overcoming barriers
- Promote adherence to timeline
- Provide resources and networking
- Validate completion and measurement of outcomes
- 2023 Annual Convention registration discount: 10% (cannot be combined with any other discounts)
- Opportunity to participate in Convention concurrent session in 2023 - panel discussion about the mentor/protégé experience
- Recognition at Annual Convention
- Commemorative Pin
Association for Nursing Professional Development is accredited with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, August 1, 2021 at 11:59pm CT.