Call for NPD Certification Preparation Course Instructors
ANPD is seeking Nursing Professional Development (NPD) Certification Preparation Course instructors to facilitate the delivery of live courses hosted on the Zoom platform. Courses are held online once a month over four days for four hours per day. Instructors sign up to teach individual modules throughout the year.
In addition to compensation, becoming a cert prep course instructor is a great way for you to build your resume, improve your leadership skills, and become part of a great team of NPD experts! Read on for additional information and apply today.
Minimum criteria for new instructors:
- Member of ANPD
- NPD Specialist
- Certified in Nursing Professional Development (NPD)
- Graduate degree
- Evidence of excellent presentation skills through at least two of the following:
- Evaluation data from a prior presentation for ANPD (e.g., convention, webinars)
- Evaluation data from non-ANPD presentations
- Reference from an ANPD board member, committee member, current NPD certification preparation instructor, or NPD practice team member who has first-hand knowledge of the applicant’s presentation skills
- Experience using virtual platforms (e.g., Zoom, WebEx, Mentimeter, Microsoft Teams, Blackboard, Canvas, etc.)
Applicants are evaluated using the following criteria:
- Speaking expertise, particularly on a national level
- Experience with virtual, synchronous education delivery
- Promptness and completeness in meeting deadlines for course materials, if known
- Evaluation results from previous presentations
- Availability to present the NPD Certification Prep Course
- Professional references
Interested applicants should be prepared to submit the following:
- Completed electronic application
- CV/Resume that reflects presentation experience
- Course evaluations/reference letters regarding presentation and learner engagement skills
- Conflict of interest disclosure form
- Names and contact information for two professional references
- Response to the following (limit 100 words): ANPD is committed to cultivating a learning environment that reflects our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Based on your previous experience incorporating these principles into your teaching methods, how would you actively promote these principles as an NPD Certification Preparation Course instructor?
In accordance with ANPD policy, applicants will be reviewed by a Selection Committee appointed by the ANPD Board of Directors (BOD). Some applicants may be selected for interviews. The Selection Committee will make recommendations to the BOD for approval.
Applications are due Sunday, April 4, 2021