Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about international shipping and bulk discounts.
ANPD's Human Resources Toolkit for the NPD Practitioner is intended to guide development of position descriptions, competencies, and performance evaluations based on Nursing Professional Development: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition.
This detailed kit includes:
- Position descriptions for NPD practitioners (both generalist and specialist)
- Competencies that differentiate the NPD generalist and specialist for each of the 16 standards of practice
- Performance Evaluation Template with key performance indicators of NPD practitioners (both generalists and specialists)
The HR Toolkit for the NPD Practitioner is in PDF format. This flexible format allows users to utilize the toolkit in a way that fits their department's needs. The file will be emailed to you within 24 hours of purchase.
Core Curriculum for Nursing Professional Development (5th ed.) is a comprehensive reference guide for nursing professional development (NPD) practitioners. Core Curriculum provides a foundation for fulfilling the roles and responsibilities of NPD practice as described in the specialty’s scope and standards. The 5th edition is now a full-text resource (previous editions were in outline format) that can be used for certification review.
ANPD Members: $125
Core Curriculum Table of Contents
- Section One: Foundations of Practice
- Chapter 1: Evolution of Nursing Professional Development
- Chapter 2: The Complex Healthcare Environment
- Chapter 3: Adult Learning
- Chapter 4: Educational Neuroscience
- Chapter 5: Diversity: An Integral Concept in Nursing Professional Development
- Chapter 6: Interprofessional Continuing Education
- Chapter 7: Communication and Feedback
- Chapter 8: Legal and Ethical Considerations in Nursing Professional Development Practice
- Section Two: NPD Learning Facilitator Role & Responsibility for Education
- Chapter 9: Gaps in Professional Practice / Learning Needs Assessment
- Chapter 10: Planning Committee
- Chapter 11: Establishing Measurable Outcomes for Educational Activities and Departments
- or Provider Units
- Chapter 12: Planning Content of Educational Activities
- Chapter 13: Teaching Methodologies and Learner Engagement
- Chapter 14: Technology in Nursing Professional Development
- Chapter 15: Simulation as a Tool for the Nursing Professional Development Practitioner
- Chapter 16: Logistical Considerations in Coordination of Activities
- Chapter 17: Measuring Outcomes at the Activity Level
- Chapter 18: Program Evaluation: Measuring Impact at the Organizational Level
- Chapter 19: Accreditation of Continuing Nursing Education
- Section Three: Roles & Responsibilities of the NPD Practitioner
- Chapter 20: Change Agent
- Chapter 21: Mentor
- Chapter 22: Leader Role in Nursing Professional Development
- Chapter 23: Champion for Scientific Inquiry: Research, Evidence-based Practice,
- and Quality Improvement
- Chapter 24: Onboarding/Orientation
- Chapter 25: Partner for Practice Transitions
- Chapter 26: Competency Management
- Chapter 27: Collaborative Partnerships
- Chapter 28: Advocate for the NPD Specialty
- Chapter 29: Professional Role Development
NPD Scope & Standards of Practice, 3rd Ed.
Pricing: Members - $35
Non-members - $50
The Nursing Professional Development: Scope and Standards of Practice is a foundational document that describes the who, what, when, where, how and why of NPD practice.
We put together a short, fun video to show you what the new model could do to your practice. Take a few minutes to watch - trust us, your colleagues will thank you!
The second edition of Adding Pizzazz addresses that healthcare practitioners are often called upon to share their expertise with colleagues. They might be asked to make presentations at patient support groups, professional rounds, workshops, meetings, webinars, and/or conferences. Often these experts have not developed strong presentation skills; consequently, many are reluctant to give presentations. The ability to plan and deliver high quality presentations is an art and a discipline with a clear goal—to enable participants to change in some way that addresses an identified gap in practice or opportunity for growth. In this monograph, healthcare professionals learn how to enhance their presentation skills.
Table of Contents
Section I: Developing Presentations with a Clear and Powerful Message
Section II: Delivering the Message with Excellence
Section III: Supporting the Message: Audiovisuals
Section IV: Supporting the Message: Learning Activities
The NPD Quick Guide Series consists of six booklets dedicated to specific topics in Nursing Professional Development. The series, written by content experts in NPD, is the NPD practitioner's go-to for flawlessly executing educational activities. Each booklet can be purchased separately, or buy all six booklets together and save the cost of one booklet! The booklets in this series include:
- Learning Needs Assessment Guide
- Objectives and Outcomes
- Educational Content Development
- Educational Design Process: Logistical Planning
- Teaching Strategies
- Evaluation of Educational Activities
To purchase individual booklets for the NPD Quick Guide Series click the links above for each of the 6 booklets availalable.
Leadership in Nursing Professional Development: An Organizational Focus
This text is the first leadership text designed specifically for nursing professional development. It is designed for the NPD department leader and covers general leadership principles, legal/ethical considerations and operational components of departmental management such as human resources management and fiscal responsibility.
The 5th edition of Getting Started will be available soon.