Contact email@example.com for information about international shipping and bulk discounts.
ANPD's Human Resources Toolkit for the NPD Practitioner is intended to guide development of position descriptions, competencies, and performance evaluations based on Nursing Professional Development: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition.
This detailed kit includes:
- Position descriptions for NPD practitioners (both generalist and specialist)
- Competencies that differentiate the NPD generalist and specialist for each of the 16 standards of practice
- Performance Evaluation Template with key performance indicators of NPD practitioners (both generalists and specialists)
The HR Toolkit for the NPD Practitioner is in PDF format. This flexible format allows users to utilize the toolkit in a way that fits their department's needs. The file will be emailed to you within 24 hours of purchase.
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator
ANPD's Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator is designed to help the NPD practitioner calculate financial metrics for current or prospective educational activities.
After entering in your different income and expense metrics, you should be able to identify:
- Total income
- Total expenses
- Total benefit (or return)
- Break Even Point
- Benefit Cost Ratio
- Return on Investment (ROI)
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator – One-time use Login to view purchase options
Return on Investment (ROI) Calculator – Year-long subscription Login to view purchase options
This easy-to-use online calculator makes financial analysis of your programs a breeze! An email with your unique link and login credentials will be sent to you 24 – 48 hours after your purchase.
If you purchase a one-time use and decide to upgrade to an annual subscription, the purchase price of the one-time use will be applied to the annual subscription rate. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to upgrade.
The 5th edition of Getting Started in Nursing Professional Development: Focus on the Learning Facilitator Role is a must-have resource for new nursing professional development (NPD) practitioners as well as those preparing to take the NPD certification exam. This text uses the ADDIE model to help novice NPD practitioners analyze practice gaps then design, develop, implement, and evaluate learning activities.
Click here to purchase the Getting Started post-test for completion after reading the textbook!
The nursing professional development (NPD) practitioner must be aware of the laws and guidelines that govern healthcare practices. Legal Aspects of Nursing Professional Development Practice focuses on legal challenges NPD practitioners might encounter in their practice. Topics include intellectual property rights, ethical and legal considerations for preceptors, liabilities in NPD, and more.
Core Curriculum for Nursing Professional Development (5th ed.) is a comprehensive reference guide for nursing professional development (NPD) practitioners. Core Curriculum provides a foundation for fulfilling the roles and responsibilities of NPD practice as described in the specialty’s scope and standards. The 5th edition is now a full-text resource (previous editions were in outline format) that can be used for certification review.
ANPD Members: $125
Core Curriculum Table of Contents
- Section One: Foundations of Practice
- Chapter 1: Evolution of Nursing Professional Development
- Chapter 2: The Complex Healthcare Environment
- Chapter 3: Adult Learning
- Chapter 4: Educational Neuroscience
- Chapter 5: Diversity: An Integral Concept in Nursing Professional Development
- Chapter 6: Interprofessional Continuing Education
- Chapter 7: Communication and Feedback
- Chapter 8: Legal and Ethical Considerations in Nursing Professional Development Practice
- Section Two: NPD Learning Facilitator Role & Responsibility for Education
- Chapter 9: Gaps in Professional Practice / Learning Needs Assessment
- Chapter 10: Planning Committee
- Chapter 11: Establishing Measurable Outcomes for Educational Activities and Departments
- or Provider Units
- Chapter 12: Planning Content of Educational Activities
- Chapter 13: Teaching Methodologies and Learner Engagement
- Chapter 14: Technology in Nursing Professional Development
- Chapter 15: Simulation as a Tool for the Nursing Professional Development Practitioner
- Chapter 16: Logistical Considerations in Coordination of Activities
- Chapter 17: Measuring Outcomes at the Activity Level
- Chapter 18: Program Evaluation: Measuring Impact at the Organizational Level
- Chapter 19: Accreditation of Continuing Nursing Education
- Section Three: Roles & Responsibilities of the NPD Practitioner
- Chapter 20: Change Agent
- Chapter 21: Mentor
- Chapter 22: Leader Role in Nursing Professional Development
- Chapter 23: Champion for Scientific Inquiry: Research, Evidence-based Practice, and Quality Improvement
- Chapter 24: Onboarding/Orientation
- Chapter 25: Partner for Practice Transitions
- Chapter 26: Competency Management
- Chapter 27: Collaborative Partnerships
- Chapter 28: Advocate for the NPD Specialty
- Chapter 29: Professional Role Development
NPD Scope & Standards of Practice, 3rd Ed.
Pricing: Members - $35
Non-members - $50
The Nursing Professional Development: Scope and Standards of Practice is a foundational document that describes the who, what, when, where, how and why of NPD practice.
We put together a short, fun video to show you what the new model could do to your practice. Take a few minutes to watch - trust us, your colleagues will thank you!
The Nursing Professional Development (NPD) Quick Guide Series consists of seven booklets dedicated to specific topics in NPD. The series, written by content experts in NPD, is the NPD practitioner's go-to for flawlessly executing educational activities. Each booklet can be purchased separately, or buy all seven booklets together and save the cost of one booklet! The booklets in this series include:
- Learning Needs Assessment Guide
- Objectives and Outcomes
- Educational Content Development
- Educational Design Process: Logistical Planning
- Teaching Strategies
- Evaluation of Educational Activities
- Implementation of Educational Activities
Click the links above to purchase individual booklets in the NPD Quick Guide Series.
Leadership in Nursing Professional Development: An Organizational Focus
This text is the first leadership text designed specifically for nursing professional development. It is designed for the NPD department leader and covers general leadership principles, legal/ethical considerations and operational components of departmental management such as human resources management and fiscal responsibility.
The second edition of Adding Pizzazz addresses that healthcare practitioners are often called upon to share their expertise with colleagues. They might be asked to make presentations at patient support groups, professional rounds, workshops, meetings, webinars, and/or conferences. Often these experts have not developed strong presentation skills; consequently, many are reluctant to give presentations. The ability to plan and deliver high quality presentations is an art and a discipline with a clear goal—to enable participants to change in some way that addresses an identified gap in practice or opportunity for growth. In this monograph, healthcare professionals learn how to enhance their presentation skills.
Table of Contents
Section I: Developing Presentations with a Clear and Powerful Message
Section II: Delivering the Message with Excellence
Section III: Supporting the Message: Audiovisuals
Section IV: Supporting the Message: Learning Activities