Contact email@example.com for information about international shipping and bulk discounts.
ANPD's Human Resources Toolkit for the NPD Practitioner is intended to guide development of position descriptions, competencies, and performance evaluations based on Nursing Professional Development: Scope and Standards of Practice, 3rd Edition.
This detailed kit includes:
- Position descriptions for NPD practitioners (both generalist and specialist)
- Competencies that differentiate the NPD generalist and specialist for each of the 16 standards of practice
- Performance Evaluation Template with key performance indicators of NPD practitioners (both generalists and specialists)
The HR Toolkit for the NPD Practitioner is in PDF format. This flexible format allows users to utilize the toolkit in a way that fits their department's needs. The file will be emailed to you within 24 hours of purchase.
Core Curriculum for Nursing Professional Development (5th ed.) is a comprehensive reference guide for nursing professional development (NPD) practitioners. Core Curriculum provides a foundation for fulfilling the roles and responsibilities of NPD practice as described in the specialty’s scope and standards. The 5th edition is now a full-text resource (previous editions were in outline format) that can be used for certification review.
ANPD Members: $125
Core Curriculum Table of Contents
- Section One: Foundations of Practice
- Chapter 1: Evolution of Nursing Professional Development
- Chapter 2: The Complex Healthcare Environment
- Chapter 3: Adult Learning
- Chapter 4: Educational Neuroscience
- Chapter 5: Diversity: An Integral Concept in Nursing Professional Development
- Chapter 6: Interprofessional Continuing Education
- Chapter 7: Communication and Feedback
- Chapter 8: Legal and Ethical Considerations in Nursing Professional Development Practice
- Section Two: NPD Learning Facilitator Role & Responsibility for Education
- Chapter 9: Gaps in Professional Practice / Learning Needs Assessment
- Chapter 10: Planning Committee
- Chapter 11: Establishing Measurable Outcomes for Educational Activities and Departments
- or Provider Units
- Chapter 12: Planning Content of Educational Activities
- Chapter 13: Teaching Methodologies and Learner Engagement
- Chapter 14: Technology in Nursing Professional Development
- Chapter 15: Simulation as a Tool for the Nursing Professional Development Practitioner
- Chapter 16: Logistical Considerations in Coordination of Activities
- Chapter 17: Measuring Outcomes at the Activity Level
- Chapter 18: Program Evaluation: Measuring Impact at the Organizational Level
- Chapter 19: Accreditation of Continuing Nursing Education
- Section Three: Roles & Responsibilities of the NPD Practitioner
- Chapter 20: Change Agent
- Chapter 21: Mentor
- Chapter 22: Leader Role in Nursing Professional Development
- Chapter 23: Champion for Scientific Inquiry: Research, Evidence-based Practice,
- and Quality Improvement
- Chapter 24: Onboarding/Orientation
- Chapter 25: Partner for Practice Transitions
- Chapter 26: Competency Management
- Chapter 27: Collaborative Partnerships
- Chapter 28: Advocate for the NPD Specialty
- Chapter 29: Professional Role Development
NPD Scope & Standards of Practice, 3rd Ed.
Pricing: Members - $35
Non-members - $50
The Nursing Professional Development: Scope and Standards of Practice is a foundational document that describes the who, what, when, where, how and why of NPD practice.
We put together a short, fun video to show you what the new model could do to your practice. Take a few minutes to watch - trust us, your colleagues will thank you!
The NPD Quick Guide Series consists of six booklets dedicated to specific topics in Nursing Professional Development. The series, written by content experts in NPD, is the NPD practitioner's go-to for flawlessly executing educational activities. Each booklet can be purchased separately, or buy all six booklets together and save the cost of one booklet! The booklets in this series include:
- Learning Needs Assessment Guide
- Objectives and Outcomes
- Educational Content Development
- Educational Design Process: Logistical Planning
- Teaching Strategies
- Evaluation of Educational Activities
To purchase individual booklets for the NPD Quick Guide Series click the links above for each of the 6 booklets availalable.
Leadership in Nursing Professional Development: An Organizational Focus
This text is the first leadership text designed specifically for nursing professional development. It is designed for the NPD department leader and covers general leadership principles, legal/ethical considerations and operational components of departmental management such as human resources management and fiscal responsibility.
The newest edition of Getting Started in Nursing Professional Development: The Staff Education Process is a must-have resource for new nursing professional development (NPD) practitioners as well as those preparing to take the NPD Certification Exam. Written in a conversational tone, this text provides an in-depth view of the educational design process flowing from principles of adult learning. Topics include assessing learning needs, creating learning objectives, planning educational content and methods, implementation of educational activities and evaluation.