ANPD Call for Story Submissions
As a NPD practitioner, you make a difference. Here’s your chance to tell the story.
The Association for Nursing Professional Development (ANPD) invites submissions of short, personal stories that showcase the work and impact of nursing professional development (NPD) practitioners. Submissions will be considered for inclusion in ANPD's forthcoming Making a Difference: An Anthology of Nursing Professional Development Stories, with anticipated publication in 2019. The purposes of the anthology are to
- celebrate the success and contributions of NPD practitioners,
- educate colleagues and leaders in healthcare about the NPD scope of practice, and
- advocate for the continued growth and development of the NPD specialty.
Click here to watch our webinar, "Mightier Than the Sword: Sharing Personal Experiences through Writing and Storytelling" (free to ANPD members), presented by Amy Glenn Mora, to learn more about this special project, review the submission guidelines, and gain helpful advice for preparing your narrative. Viewing the webinar is encouraged but not required for submission.
Watch the webinar: http://www.anpd.org/p/pr/vi/prodid=264
Review the submission form*: http://www.anpd.org/p/su/rd/survey=20866ef2-7657-11e8-9bd5-bc764e10b386
*Submissions become the property of ANPD and will be peer reviewed for inclusion in the anthology.
Deadline to Submit: September 4, 2018 at 11:59 pm CDT
Notification of Acceptance by: October 1, 2018
Questions? Contact ANPD at email@example.com or (312) 321-5135.
Guidelines for Submission
- Stories must autobiographical or biographical in nature; fiction will not be accepted. The sole exception relates to patient names, which may be fictionalized for HIPAA compliance and protection of privacy.
- The call for submissions is open to any current or previous NPD practitioner. Membership in ANPD is not required and non-members are encouraged to submit.
- Submissions may also be made by a manager, colleague, or peer on behalf of and with consent of a NPD practitioner.
- One author per submission is allowed.
- Up to three submissions are allowed per individual. Each submission must contain a unique story.
- All works submitted must be original and previously unpublished.
- Submissions should not exceed 250 words.