The World Congress on Continuing Professional Development, held March 17-19, welcomed some of the top influencers in CPD, including ANPD’s very own President Joan Warren and Education Director Mary Harper. This event featured cutting-edge topics held for CME/CPD and IPE professionals from around the globe to “Advance Learning and Care in the Health Professions.”
While there, Mary and Joan attended a session by Ezekiel J. Emanuel, author of the book “Reinventing American Health Care.” During this presentation, he projected six “megatrends” to look for in the future of healthcare:
- The diffusion of VIP care for the chronically and mentally ill.
- The emergence of digital medicine and closure of hospitals (fewer hospitalized patients and more care-at-home and non-hospital environments).
- The end of insurance companies as we know them.
- The end of employer-sponsored health insurance.
- The end of healthcare inflation.
- The evolution of Academic Health Centers.
Mary points out that he also forecasted learning on the go with learner drive timelines and learner-driven platforms will be trending in the future.